Friday, July 21, 2023

Review: "From Pilot to Princess" by Maude Winters

From Pilot to Princess: Spare Change Book 1 From Pilot to Princess by Maude Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"From Pilot to Princess" by Maude Winters wasn't at all what I expected, but I very much enjoyed it. The world building was fantastic and the characters were likeable and surprisingly relatable given their royal connections. I'd recommend this fast-paced story for all royal romance fans.

In a lot of ways, it felt like this story had two female leads: Natalie Lyons, British princess and military pilot, and Lucy, her twin brother's ex-girlfriend and employee of the royal family. As a result, Natalie's love interest, decorated Olympic swimmer Ed Winslow, seemed like somewhat of an afterthought at times. Natalie and Ed's romance took a backseat for much of the story, though their connection was strong, and I particularly liked that so many of their conversations involved deeper topics. Their relationship may have started as a fling, but their interactions never felt surface-level.

That said, the book's ending was rather abrupt IMO, and nothing between Ed and Natalie felt settled. I can only imagine (and certainly hope!) that their story will continue along with Lucy's in the next book of the series. To be clear, it was not a cliffhanger ending, but it was definitely more HFN than HEA; Natalie and Ed were together, but their relationship hadn't been made public.

Again, I very much enjoyed "From Pilot to Princess" and look forward to the next book of the series. It was the first book I've read by this author but won't be the last.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)