Friday, December 1, 2023

Review: "Crossing the Brooklyn Briggs" by Dana LeCheminant

Crossing the Brooklyn Briggs

Crossing the Brooklyn Briggs by Dana LeCheminant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

High school chemistry teacher Brooklyn Briggs is home sick one day when she's startled into a nasty fall by a man working outside her window. It turns out to be her twin brother Houston's best friend, Jordan Torres, who recently moved back to their hometown of Sun City and started his own landscaping business. Back in high school, Jordan drove Brooklyn crazy with his teasing and pranks, so she's not exactly thrilled to see him again. Unfortunately, her injuries from the fall are no prank, and she's going to need help getting around until she recovers. Houston's out of town, so Jordan reluctantly agrees to take care of Brooklyn.

Considering their history, Houston's warning that his sister is off-limits should be unnecessary, but there's something about Brooklyn that has always attracted Jordan. The problem is that she has a crush on her co-worker Mark. When Jordan accidentally finds out about her crush, he impulsively offers to give her flirting lessons to help win Mark over. It's not long before their pretend flirting starts to feel like the real thing, but both Brooklyn and Jordan are afraid of risking their relationship with Houston. Can they find a way to move forward together?

I adored this funny, sweet, and heartwarming story. Brooklyn and Jordan both had a lot of baggage from their past relationships, but I appreciated that they were able to see beyond each other's flaws and imperfections to what was really important. Their personalities were a perfect balance and I loved how they supported and built each other up when needed. They truly made a wonderful couple and I was rooting for them the whole way.

I highly recommend "Crossing the Brooklyn Briggs" for all sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series, which will feature Brooklyn's brother Houston.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)