Friday, December 1, 2023

Review: "Levi Bailey Has Butterflies" by Jen Atkinson

Levi Bailey has Butterflies

Levi Bailey Has Butterflies by Jen Atkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's official: Jen Atkinson has written not one, not two, but THREE of my favorite books of 2023. I can't recommend "Levi Bailey Has Butterflies" highly enough for anyone who enjoys grumpy-sunshine/opposites attract stories (or sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy of any kind).

My favorite part about this story was the way Meredith helped Levi see things differently and start to make positive changes in his life. He'd lived in fear of something bad happening to his mom or siblings for so long that he didn't know how to let go. Meredith's experiences had taught her the necessity of pushing through fear to find the joy in life, and spending time with her helped Levi change his way of thinking too. He was still a loving and protective son and brother, but he found a way to balance those instincts with living life for himself.

The book's secondary characters were also a ton of fun and added a great deal of depth and humor to the story. I particularly loved Meredith's Uncle Bob and the way he encouraged her to go out and live her life, even though he was apparently a hermit himself. It seemed as if he truly lived through the books he wrote. I enjoyed catching up with Levi's sister Coco and her daughter Alice, too. Alice was just as cute and funny as ever, and I hope to see more of her in future stories.

I can't wait to find out what's in store for us with the rest of the Bailey brothers!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)