Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Review: "On the Defense" by Piper Rayne

On the Defense On the Defense by Piper Rayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"On the Defense" by Piper Rayne is a prequel novella to the Chicago Grizzlies series. Professional football player Miles Cavanaugh, recently traded to Chicago from the San Francisco Kingsmen, moves into an apartment in the same building as two of his new teammates. A new season is about to begin and it's a fresh start for all of them, not just in football, but maybe in love, too.

I'd recommend this novella for all readers who plan to pick up the other books in the series. It helps bridge the gap between the Kingsmen Football Stars series, which concluded with Miles's sister Twyla's story, and the beginning of the Chicago Grizzlies series. It also provides helpful context for later events in the Grizzlies series, especially those of book 2, "Something Like Lust."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)