Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Review: "Where It Begins" by Helena Hunting

Where It Begins

Where It Begins by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Where It Begins" by Helena Hunting is a standalone prequel to the Pucked series featuring Violet's mother, accountant Skye Hall, and Miller's father, pro hockey scout Sidney Butterson. It's releasing as part of the 1,001 Dark Nights collection, which is a great way to sample standalone novellas by new-to-you authors (or enjoy a special bonus story from an existing favorite).

I adored this laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, and perfectly steamy story, which made me want to go back and read the entire Pucked series all over again. Skye and Sidney were endearing protagonists whose struggle to fit their relationship around their teenagers' schedules was incredibly relatable. I particularly enjoyed getting to know the younger versions of Violet and Miller. Quite a few of Violet's best (and funniest) personality traits were obviously inherited directly from her mother, and their close relationship was a lot of fun.

I highly recommend this novella for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and look forward to whatever the author comes up with next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)