Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Review: "Dare to Marry You" by Julia Jarrett

Dare to Marry You

Dare to Marry You by Julia Jarrett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Dare to Marry You" by Julia Jarrett, book #5 of the Donnellys of Dogwood Cove series, is a follow up to the first book of the series, featuring Kat and Hunter's Christmas Eve wedding at the Martin farm.

Kat couldn't be more excited as their big day approaches, while Hunter's anxiety continues to increase at the thought of being the center of attention. Further complicating matters is an unexpected training opportunity that sends Hunter out of town for most of the two weeks leading up to the wedding. Kat's left on her own with the last-minute details - and the surprising discovery that she's pregnant. When a massive snowstorm rolls in and strands Hunter on the mainland a few days before the wedding, will it force them to cancel all of their carefully laid plans?

Kat and Hunter are one of my favorite Julia Jarrett couples and I loved revisiting their story in this novella. Having struggled with anxiety myself, I've always found Hunter to be a particularly relatable protagonist. I appreciated that Kat was so patient and understanding with Hunter, and when she recognized that the wedding was a trigger for him, she adjusted the plans so that he could enjoy the day too. I also loved the way Hunter looked out for Kat, such as when he made sure that her brothers were available to help her shovel snow when he couldn't make it home during the storm. They were always taking care of each other in both big and small ways, and it made their relationship feel like a partnership in the truest sense of the word.

Overall, I adored "Dare to Marry You" and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance readers. I look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)