Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Review: "All Snowed Gin" by Claire Hastings

All Snowed Gin

All Snowed Gin by Claire Hastings
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"All Snowed In" by Claire Hastings is part of the multi-author Mistletoe Creek series and also ties into the Hickory Hills series, but works well as a standalone.

Heading home from a month-long business trip to celebrate Christmas with her family, Rose Adler takes a brief detour through the mountains and ends up stuck in the snow with no cell service. She walks to a nearby house to ask for help only for the owner, Pierce Adams, to slam the door in her face. Undaunted, Rose knocks again, and Pierce's conscience won't let him turn her away a second time. She manages to call the local towing company from his landline, but the news isn't good; a bridge has collapsed under the weight of the snow, and it will be days until anyone can get to her. The last thing either Rose or Pierce wants is to be stuck with a stranger for Christmas, but can they find a way to make the best of the situation?

I very much enjoyed this sweet yet steamy story, which featured likeable, relatable protagonists and a fun holiday vibe. Pierce certainly came across as a grump at first, but when I learned the reasons behind his behavior, my heart broke for him. He seemed like a completely different person after he started to let down his guard and allow himself to have fun with Rose. Their personalities complemented each other perfectly and I loved how cute they were together by the end. I hope we'll see more of them in future books of the Hickory Hills series.

I highly recommend "All Snowed Gin" for all steamy contemporary romance fans and look forward to whatever the author writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)