Friday, November 27, 2020

Review: "Art and Soul" by Claire Huston

Art and Soul Art and Soul by Claire Huston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Claire Huston's "Art and Soul," a sweet, heartwarming slow burn romance between mature, likeable protagonists, Charlie and Becky. They seemed like an old married couple long before either of them admitted their feelings for the other! I loved the way they bonded over simple things such as their mutual hatred of wearing glasses or contacts and their love of old movies.

The relationships that Charlie and Becky developed with each other's children were also an important part of the book, and I liked that they all started to seem so much like a family even before Charlie and Becky became a couple. The way Charlie's daughter Phoebe worried about and tried to take care of her dad was very sweet, though it made me a little sad at the same time because she had obviously been forced to grow up too fast in the wake of her mother's abandonment.

I would recommend "Art and Soul" for all fans of sweet contemporary romance, particularly readers who enjoy British humor and/or authors like Debbie Macomber. I would read more of Ms. Huston's work in the future.

*Review copy provided by the author via Hidden Gems Books. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this terrific review! I really appreciate it and I'm delighted you enjoyed Art and Soul.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)