Sunday, November 22, 2020

Review: "Dashing Through the No" by Tara Sivec

Dashing Through the No

Dashing Through the No by Tara Sivec
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tara Sivec's "Dashing Through the No" made me laugh so hard I cried, and I absolutely loved it. This book reads as a standalone despite being the third book of the Summersweet Island series, but main characters Bodhi and Tess were introduced and played significant roles in the earlier books, so I would still recommend reading the series in order. (Besides, the first two books are every bit as awesome as this one - don't miss out!)

I enjoyed Tess and Bodhi's antics before, but after getting to know them better in "Dashing Through the No," I completely adore them both. Their behavior makes a lot more sense now and isn't quite as crazy as I originally thought it was, but it is still very funny. For example, Tess's hypochondria and obsession with fires were both hysterical, but the reasons behind them somehow made her very relatable. Learning about Bodhi's awful parents and childhood made him very relatable too, apart from the times he turned into an overgrown toddler hopped up on sugar. I'm pretty sure Tess deserves sainthood for not murdering Bodhi or at least punching him a few times to get him to settle down! They obviously had a very special connection, and I especially loved that they read "bedtime stories" (romance novels) together at Bodhi's insistence.

The book's secondary characters were fantastic and added so much depth and humor to this story. It was wonderful to see Allie, Jason, and Millie from "Christmas Cliche" again! I would still love for Millie to get her own book. Sheldon the stalker was also hilarious. I loved the way he would sneak up on people and casually offer tips and/or weapons for kidnapping or murder. Despite that, they still let him keep hanging around!

Overall, "Dashing Through the No" was a tremendous amount of fun, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I am very much looking forward to Sivec's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)