Sunday, November 29, 2020

Review: "Mistletoe in Malibu" by Lola West

Mistletoe in Malibu Mistletoe in Malibu by Lola West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Lola West's "Mistletoe in Malibu," a sweet yet steamy story featuring endearing characters and a well-crafted reverse age gap romance between hairstylist Delores "Dee" Reed and cowboy Buck Marlow.

There was a lot of plot packed into this novella, and I actually felt like I got to know Buck and Dee pretty well. I loved the way that Buck looked at life as an adventure, and that he knew exactly what he wanted in terms of a relationship and wouldn't settle for less. I understood Dee's concerns about getting involved with Buck after she had been hurt before, plus she had to consider the impact on her teenage son in addition to herself. However, Buck was a wonderful, caring man, and he clearly thought that Dee hung the moon. Even though their relationship grew quickly, I truly believed in the strength of their feelings for each other, and it was very easy to cheer them on to their HEA.

This novella is related to West's Big Sky Cowboys series (Buck is a Morgan cousin and Dee is Maddie's friend and business partner from "Tofu Cowboy"), which meant that the Morgan family was back in full force and just as much fun as ever. I adored seeing all of them together for the holidays, and the way they teased each other made me laugh. Buck and Dee fit right in and were a fantastic addition to the Morgan clan.

Overall, I highly recommend "Mistletoe in Malibu" for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to Lola West's next release!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)