Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Review: Imperfect Harmony

Imperfect Harmony Imperfect Harmony by Lola West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Lola West's "Imperfect Harmony," a funny, charming enemies-to-lovers romance featuring likeable, three-dimensional characters. Main characters Sarah and Horse were so cute together after they got past their initial animosity! I especially enjoyed when they played Scrabble together on the tour bus; I could imagine them doing exactly the same thing when they were in their 80s, only surrounded by their children and grandchildren instead of roadies.

Moody/grouchy heroes are my favorite kind, and Horse was definitely one of those. His background was a mystery to most of the others who worked on the tour, and they loved to speculate about the meaning behind his nickname. As it turned out, Horse was hiding a lot of tragedy and pain in his past. He really needed someone like Sarah to bring him out into the light and help him learn to live again. Sarah was such a ray of sunshine, not just for Horse but for everyone around her. It was lovely to see her blossom when she got out from under from her brothers' constant protection and supervision.

The book's secondary characters were so much fun and added a great deal of depth and humor to the story. I especially enjoyed Sarah's new friend Sean as well as catching up with her older brother Bill and his girlfriend, Kat. It was great to see Kat and Bill so settled and happy together.

Overall, "Imperfect Harmony" was my favorite book of the series so far, and I highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)