Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Review: "Elementary Romantic Calculus" by Susannah Nix

Elementary Romantic Calculus Elementary Romantic Calculus by Susannah Nix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When Mia Ballentine's plans to pursue a post-doctoral fellowship on her way to a tenured research position in the math department of a major university are derailed by budget cuts, she's forced to seek alternate employment. Unfortunately, the only job she's offered is a one-year contract at Bowman University in the small town of Crowder, Texas. Mia's a big city girl through and through, but with no other options, she packs up her life in Los Angeles and heads to Texas. She's sure that she can survive anything for a year, but that doesn't make it easy to cope with the culture shock she experiences from the moment she arrives to find her landlady's chickens roaming free through the yard. The one bright spot is her new friendship with handsome but reclusive goat farmer Josh Lockhart, her landlady's nephew. As Josh and Mia get to know each other better, their relationship turns romantic, but the problem is that Mia will be moving on when her contract is up at the end of the year. Is their relationship doomed before it even begins?

Susannah Nix is a master at crafting characters and stories that touch my heart while making me laugh myself silly at the same time, and this one was her best so far. I loved Josh and Mia together; even though they were complete opposites, they fit so perfectly together, and it was easy for me to root for them to overcome all of the challenges that stood in their way. Josh had a particularly tough road to travel, and I felt awful for him and everything he'd been through. I appreciated how supportive Mia was of Josh as he worked through the baggage from his past so that they could build a future together. Meeting her was exactly the catalyst he needed to finally start living his life again.

Overall, "Elementary Romantic Calculus" gave me all the feels and I loved it. I highly recommend this book for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and look forward to whatever Susannah Nix writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)