Monday, May 17, 2021

Review: "While You Were Texting" by Delancey Stewart and Marika Ray

While You Were Texting by Delancey Stewart and Marika Ray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"While You Were Texting" by Delancey Stewart and Marika Ray was every bit as adorable as the first book in this series, and I adored it. In this installment, Cunningham family matriarch Pam decided to play matchmaker for her second-oldest son Lincoln, even though he was convinced that he would be happier on his own. After witnessing one of Lincoln's disastrous blind dates at the paint-your-own ceramics shop where she worked, Hannah Delacourt proposed what seemed to be a win-win arrangement: Hannah would pose as Lincoln's fake girlfriend in exchange for his help with the dormant vineyard she inherited from her late aunt. As Lincoln and Hannah began spending more time together, they quickly realized that they had real feelings for each other, but Hannah had always intended to sell her aunt's property and use the money to start over somewhere new. Would her feelings for Lincoln be enough to convince her to stay?

Lincoln was socially awkward and had a tough time relating to others, but he really seemed to understand Hannah from the moment they met. He tried so hard to comfort and protect her, showing her how much he cared through actions such as fixing things in her house even though she hadn't asked him to do so. They were a really cute couple, and I loved how playful they were at times, such as when they ran through the vineyard and had a tickle fight.

Overall, I loved "While You Were Texting" and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. This series has been a joy to read and I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book.

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)