Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Review: "Just Getting Started" by Fiona West

Just Getting Started

Just Getting Started by Fiona West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Just Getting Started" by Fiona West was a heartwarming story that featured incredibly likable, relatable characters and a sweet romance between protagonists Chase Carpenter and Lizzie Painter. I loved that so much of their courtship took place through letters, which was old-fashioned but completely perfect for them. Stubborn, independent Lizzie was very confident in her work as a sheriff's deputy but shy in social settings, seemingly afraid that others would find her uninteresting if they were allowed to get to know her. Lizzie opened up to Chase in her letters, however, and he couldn't help but be drawn to her. The hard part was convincing her to spend time with him in person!

Having suffered from anxiety myself, I found it very easy to understand and empathize with that part of Chase's background. I really admired his determination to overcome his past mistakes and build a new life for himself. He was so sweet and caring, not only with Lizzie but with his mother and brothers too. Chase's estrangement from his twin, Christopher, was very difficult for him, and I kept rooting for Chase to finally break through Christopher's walls and get to the root of the problem. Over the course of the story, it became clear that there was a lot more to Christopher than it seemed at first, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know him better in the next book of the series.

Overall, I loved "Just Getting Started" and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)