Saturday, May 15, 2021

Review: "More Than We Bargained For" by Fiona West

More Than We Bargained For

More Than We Bargained For by Fiona West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"More Than We Bargained For" by Fiona West was a funny, sweet, and heartwarming story that featured endearing characters and an engaging plot. It's the fourth book in the Timber Falls series, but reads as a complete standalone.

The path to happiness was not exactly straightforward for main characters Sawyer Deveraux and Starla Moore, but I found it very easy to root for them to overcome all of the challenges standing in their way. Single mom Starla was fresh off a divorce and doing her best just to keep it all together for her kids, Aiden and Emily. I felt terrible for her because she so often felt ashamed of herself and her choices. Starla was a good mom and a kind, caring person who consistently put others before herself, but living in a small town meant that even her smallest mistakes were often magnified by the vicious cycle of gossip. As for Sawyer, his whole life changed drastically when he was diagnosed with a chronic illness, and he was fighting to hold on to his independence after losing so much else. As it turned out, Starla and Sawyer were able to help each other, and I loved how they came to care for and support each other.

Overall, I adored "More Than We Bargained For" and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I will absolutely be checking out more books in this series.

*Review copy provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)