Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Review: "For Love Or Honey" by Staci Hart

For Love Or Honey

For Love Or Honey by Staci Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"For Love or Honey" by Staci Hart was a delightful enemies-to-lovers romance featuring endearing, relatable characters and an engaging plot. Grant Stone expected to face opposition when he arrived in the small town of Lindenbach, Texas to convince the holdout landowners to sell their mineral rights to his company, Flexion, for natural gas exploration, but he was sure it wouldn't be anything he couldn't handle. After all, he'd visited countless towns just like Lindenbach in the past and always managed to win them over with his natural charm and big payouts. However, Grant had never before faced an opponent quite like Jo Blum, who was determined to put a stop to Flexion's plans because of the potentially damaging environmental impact on farms like the one that had been in her family for generations. Grant knew he had to win Jo over to have any chance of success in Lindenbach, but would he be able to prevent himself from falling in love with her in the process?

The chemistry between Grant and Jo was intense from the very beginning, and even though they went into the relationship with the idea that it would only be a temporary fling, it was difficult for them to keep from catching feelings that seemed very permanent. I completely understood each of their reasons for not wanting to make a long-term commitment, but I couldn't help rooting for them to work through those challenges and find a way to be together anyway. In addition, I loved the sweet, funny, playful vibe that existed between them for much of the story as Jo tried desperately to find a small town or farm task at which Grant wouldn't succeed.

Overall, "For Love or Honey" gave me all the feels and I completely adored it! I have enjoyed Staci Hart's last few small town romances tremendously; they are definitely her best work yet. I highly recommend this book for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and can't wait to get my hands on the next book in this series, featuring Jo's sister Daisy.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)