Friday, October 21, 2022

Review: "All Is Fair In Food And War" by Samantha Baca

All Is Fair In Food And War

All Is Fair In Food And War by Samantha Baca
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ever since they met a few months ago when he started parking his food truck outside the upscale Seattle restaurant where she works, Miles Sexton has made no secret of his interest in executive chef Kat Elliott. Something about him reminds her of her deceitful ex-fiance, however, so she's turned him down every time he's asked her out. He finally decides to try getting her attention in a different way: by challenging her to a friendly cook-off. If he wins, Kat must agree to go on a date with him, but if he loses, Miles will never ask her out again. The stakes get higher when Kat's boss finds out about the competition, offering to host it at the restaurant with local celebrities, including Kat's personal cooking idol, acting as judges. With Miles working in the restaurant's kitchen every day to get ready for the competition, Kat can't help getting to know him better, and the slowly simmering attraction between them begins to heat up. Could Kat have been wrong about Miles all along?

Miles really was a good guy, and it's a shame that Kat didn't get to see that side of him at first. I loved his efforts to help the homeless, which he did partially to honor his late father but also because it was just the right thing to do. He had incredible chemistry with Kat, and it was a lot of fun to cheer them on to their HEA. Also, all of their talk about food and cooking made me HUNGRY and everything they made sounded delicious! I'd like to volunteer as a judge for their next friendly competition so that I can sample some of it. ;-)

I very much enjoyed "All Is Fair in Food and War" and recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to Samantha Baca's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)