Thursday, October 20, 2022

Review: "Slide Tackle" by Claire Hastings

Slide Tackle

Slide Tackle by Claire Hastings
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After a bad experience with his previous team, professional soccer player Mahoney Holmes decided to keep his personal life to himself when he came to play for the Atlanta Rising. He's totally smitten with his boyfriend of six months, nurse Trent Slater, but only his family and a handful of close friends know that Mahoney is gay. He's afraid of the consequences for his career if the secret gets out. Unfortunately, the choice is taken away from him when a photograph of him with Trent goes viral, forcing Mahoney to face his worst fears. Now that they know the truth, will his teammates accept him - and can his relationship with Trent withstand the pressure?

I loved this sweet and steamy story! There was a strong connection between Trent and Mahoney from the start and it seemed like they had a lot of fun together, even when they were doing something as mundane as cooking dinner. After reading the previous books in this series and getting to know Mahoney's teammates, I wasn't surprised that they had his back when the truth came out about his relationship with Trent, but it did make me happy to know that he had them on his side.

I highly recommend "Slide Tackle" for all fans of MM/sports romance. I look forward to whatever Claire Hastings writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)