Thursday, October 13, 2022

Review: "Mr. October" by Bethany Weaver

Mr. October

Mr. October by Bethany Weaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

High school teachers Sabrina Barlow and Adam October have been best friends for more than twenty years, but that hasn't stopped him - along with most of the rest of their small town of Grimsby, Indiana - from trying to scare Sabrina in the lead up to Halloween every year. This year, she's finally had enough and decides to get revenge on the people who've teased her, starting with Adam. When the teacher who usually coordinates their school's annual Halloween festival is injured and forced to drop out two days before the event, Sabrina volunteers Adam to take over. Knowing that he won't be able to pull it off on his own, Adam offers to help Sabrina get revenge on the rest of the town in exchange for her help with the festival. Secretly, however, he's planning the ultimate prank: tricking her into falling in love with him.

"Mr. October" was a super cute, funny story with the perfect touch of steam at the end. I loved Sabrina and Adam's playful relationship and amusing banter. They'd secretly been in love with each other for a long time, and he'd even tried dropping hints and hoping she'd pick up on them, but she never did. She was too afraid to risk their friendship by making the first move, but when Adam finally told her the truth about how he felt, she quickly overcame her fears.

My one (small) complaint about this story is that there wasn't an epilogue - I wanted more Sabrina and Adam! Despite that, I very much enjoyed this story and would recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I will definitely be watching for Bethany Weaver's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)