Friday, February 10, 2023

Review: "Convincing Florence" by Celine L.A. Simpson

Convincing Florence

Convincing Florence by Celine L.A. Simpson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With the exception of her beloved grandmother, Dot, librarian Florence Valentine isn't much of a people person. She's been burned too many times by people who've let her down, so in her view, it's better to avoid relationships altogether. Her beliefs are challenged when she meets bar owner Nathaniel Connors, a library patron who pushes all of her buttons by breaking the rules. Nate takes an interest in Florence and sets out to prove that there are plenty of good, trustworthy people in the world - including him. She thinks he's just trying to antagonize her, but could Nate actually be trying to convince Florence to fall in love with him?

It took me a little while to get into this book, but once I did, I really enjoyed it. Florence was a quirky heroine and her inner monologue could be a lot to handle, but she had a delightfully snarky sense of humor that became more apparent as I got to know her better. She came a long way over the course of the book, realizing in the end that maybe the problem wasn't with everyone else, it was her own fears holding her back. Nate was the perfect guy to drag Florence out of her comfort zone and get her to start engaging with the world. He was so sweetly patient with her, and their banter was a ton of fun.

I recommend "Convincing Florence" for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. It was the first book I've read by this author, but it won't be the last.

*Review copy provided by the author via Equality Book Tours. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)