Thursday, February 2, 2023

Review: "Wood You Be Mine?" by Daphne Elliot

Congratulations to Daphne Elliot on the release of "Wood You Be Mine?", book #1 of the Lovewell Lumberjacks series.
 
Henri Gagnon's family has been in the logging business for generations. He always knew he'd take over the company someday, but he never expected it to happen so soon. Stepping in as CEO after his father is killed in an accident on the job, he quickly realizes that the company is struggling and enlists the help of his siblings to turn things around. The town depends on the jobs they provide, and Henri's not going down without a fight.

Meanwhile, Alice Watson has recently been hired as the new principal of Lovewell Community School, the local elementary. It's been a rough few years for the school, but Alice is determined to prove that she's the right person for the job, especially after her old boss told her she didn't have what it takes to be a principal. As a favor, Alice's new boss asks Henri to rent her the vacant cabin on his property, which used to be Henri's home before he built his current house. As much as he values his solitude, he needs the cash, so he agrees to let Alice move in. After a series of embarrassing encounters with her new neighbor, she's surprised to find herself developing a crush - and the feeling is mutual. But a lot can happen on the way to happily ever after, and these two are in for a bumpy ride.

This was one of the funniest and sweetest books I've read in a long time, and even though it's only February, I'm sure that it's going to end up as one of my favorites of 2023. The banter and chemistry between Alice and Henri were absolutely phenomenal! Henri was exactly my type of hero - grumpy on the outside, but soft and caring on the inside. That made him a perfect match for Alice, who cared so much for her students and the community. They made an adorable couple and I loved cheering them on to their HEA.

I completely adored this book and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series.
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own. 
 

About "Wood You Be Mine?"

The first time I met the grumpy lumberjack next door, I almost burnt down his cabin.

The second time, I was throwing tampons at a moose (don’t ask).

The third time, I was naked.

And Henri Gagnon is not just my neighbor and landlord, but a pain in my optimistic, plus sized ass. He’s got a protective streak under his grumpy exterior and he’s convinced I won’t make it through the Maine winter.

I’m going to show him and the rest of this small town that they’re wrong. I have one year to prove myself as the new elementary school principal or I’ll be getting the ax. So I just don’t have time to pine away for the grumpy lumberjack next door, no matter how good he looks chopping wood in his suspenders or the way he growls when he calls me buttercup.

But soon I’m falling headfirst down a hill, and into a full blown crush when he carries me home. He’s distracted trying to save his family’s lumber business, and I’ve got a school to run, and this small town is not as sleepy as it seems. But despite our differences, the heat between us makes it hard to stay away.

Could we actually be right for each other? What happens if I ask him if he Wood Be Mine?

Author’s Note: Wood You Be Mine? is a standalone, full length, small town romance featuring a grumpy lumberjack hero with a heart of gold and a plus sized, sunshine school principal trying to survive in the woods of northern Maine. If you enjoy flirty banter, ax throwing, wood chopping, and slow dancing, come meet the Lovewell Lumberjacks.


Welcome to Lovewell, Maine, where the moose outnumber the people and you can't swing an ax without hitting a hot, grumpy lumberjack. Filled with humor, heart and heat, the Lovewell Lumberjack Series will melt Kindles in 2023.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)