Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Review: "Sink or Sell" by Margaret Rose

Sink or Sell Sink or Sell by Margaret Rose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Sink or Sell" is truly an impressive debut for author Margaret Rose. I loved the fun dynamic between main characters Holly Stewart and Declan Lorden; their frenemies-to-lovers romance may have been a slow burn, but the payoff was worth the wait. I also appreciated that Declan was so different from the typical wealthy businessmen depicted in many romance novels. Instead of being an overly controlling alpha, he was a little bit nerdy and just wanted to be seen as one of the employees, not as their boss. (I can't lie, I swooned a little bit when he put on the Baby Yoda t-shirt! I love nerdy guys.) He was also a hard worker and knew how to do just about every job in his family's department store, much like Holly, who'd started working for Lorden's when she was only 16. It took a while for them to see it, but they really did make a perfect pair, and I was rooting for them the whole way.

I highly recommend this funny, sweet, and heartwarming story for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to whatever the author writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)