Thursday, February 23, 2023

Review: "Freezing the Puck" by Lasairiona McMaster

Freezing the Puck Freezing the Puck by Lasairiona E. McMaster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Back in high school, Savannah Bowen secretly had a crush on hockey player Justin Ashe until he started dating her best friend, Molly. Any feelings that may have remained quickly turned to hate when Molly walked in on Justin kissing another girl and dumped him on the spot. A few years later, Savannah is less than thrilled to learn that she and Justin are attending the same college. Even worse, she's forced to sit next to him on a flight back home to Minnesota for Thanksgiving. However, when he helps her through a panic attack brought on by her fear of flying, Savannah is forced to admit that there might be more to Justin than she believed...and that her old feelings for him are still very much alive.

The chemistry and banter between Savannah and Justin were on point, and I liked the way they supported each other as each worked through their respective family issues. My favorite part about the book, however, was how different it was compared to most of the other sports romances I've read. While Justin loved hockey, his true passion was writing romance books. I really appreciated that he didn't try to hide what he wrote from his friends and teammates; in fact, he started a romance book club so that he could help them understand why he loved the genre so much. Justin was incredibly motivated for someone so young, and I had no doubt that he would achieve his dream of being a New York Times bestseller one day.

I highly recommend "Freezing the Puck" for all contemporary/sports romance fans. It was the first book I've read by this author but won't be the last.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)