Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Review: "Second Chances" by Samantha Baca

Second Chances

Second Chances by Samantha Baca
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been looking forward to reading Abby's sister Jane's story ever since I finished "Just One Time," the first book of the Beaumont Creek series. It did not disappoint; in fact, I think it was even better than the first book of the series.

Despite the 10 year age difference between them, pediatrician Jane Hughes and elementary school teacher Dominic Rosario were a perfect match for one another. Dominic was new in town, having purchased the house next door to his parents after unexpectedly becoming a single father upon the birth of his 1-year-old daughter Olivia. Jane was also a single parent to 9-year-old Mikey and 7-year-old Sally, who had been her top priority ever since her divorce. They kept being pushed together by Jane's matchmaking sister and brother-in-law, but I understood her hesitation to get involved with him. Among other reasons, her son was in Dominic's class, and Jane worried that the other kids would tease him if they found out she was dating their teacher. Their chemistry was undeniable, however, and I loved how they bonded with each other's kids.

Overall, I adored this charming and sweet (but spicy in all the right places) story and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance fans. I look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)