Thursday, February 9, 2023

Review: "Our Ride to Forever" by Julie Olivia

Congratulations to Julie Olivia on today's release of "Our Ride to Forever," book #3 of the Honeywood Fun Park series. Characters from the previous books make appearances in this one, but it reads as a standalone.

Seven months ago, Theo Poulos and Orson Mackenzie's one-night stand turned into a week-long fling, quickly followed by an impulsive secret marriage. Neither was interested in a real commitment, but getting married benefited them both; Orson gained access to Theo's health insurance, while the money Theo saved by filing her taxes jointly with Orson helped get her side business as a yoga instructor off the ground. Two months after the wedding, their fling was still going strong until Orson confessed that he was falling in love with Theo, so she broke things off and has been avoiding him ever since. However, when Orson finds out that Theo is temporarily homeless and invites her to move in with him, it seems as if the dynamic between them has shifted. Will Theo be the one falling in love this time around?

I've loved all of the Honeywood Fun Park books, but Theo and Orson have officially taken over as my favorite couple of the series so far. I loved their banter, the chemistry, and really just everything about them. They had an intense physical attraction from the start, but their emotional connection grew more gradually. I really enjoyed the way they slowly became friends and eventually confidantes; it was like keeping their marriage a secret encouraged them to share other secrets with each other. Also, while they were both incredibly likeable and relatable characters, I particularly identified with Orson and his struggles with anxiety. He was such a sweet guy and wanted to help everyone, but he needed someone to look out for him, too. That turned out to be Theo, who helped him figure out ways to get things off his plate without letting anyone down.
 
Overall, I adored this book and can't recommend it highly enough for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. After the events of the epilogue, I'm going to be counting the days until the next book of the series is released!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.
 

About "Our Ride to Forever"

Sometimes, the best rides are unexpected.


Orson Mackenzie didn’t want a relationship. Perfect. Neither did I.

But what started as a fun ride with no commitment turned into hitching our cars to the same train. Orson needed my insurance. I needed his tax break. So we signed a piece of paper to make me his not-so blushing bride.

Forever was never the destination. Until Orson unexpectedly changed course, and we found ourselves on different tracks.

Now, it’s seven months later, I’ve lost my apartment and, luckily for me, my husband still has a heart of gold. And a spare bedroom.

I can move in with my fake husband, right? How hard can it be?

Except I’m having a hard time overlooking how his eyes undress me and the way his voice rasps when he calls me sweetheart. And the more time we spend together, the more I see through his happy-go-lucky exterior. He needs someone in his corner, and for once, maybe I need someone in mine too.

I shouldn’t fall in love with my husband. But my heart might be thumping to the bumpy tune of forever.

Our Ride To Forever is a romantic comedy featuring a secret marriage of convenience and lots of roommate shenanigans in a house with only one shower and very, very thin walls. Enjoy the comforts of a small town theme park, filled with lots of love and even more steamy, sizzling spice!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)