Thursday, May 25, 2023

Review: "One Last Play" by Annah Conwell

One Last Play One Last Play by Annah Conwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When college football coach Sebastian Holt stops by to drop off the art project his 11-year-old daughter Maddie forgot at home, the last thing he expects is to get into a football trivia contest with Maddie's teacher, Meadow Jane "MJ" Carter - or for her to beat him. He's immediately smitten and asks her out on the spot, but she turns him down. Hoping to change her mind, Sebastian asks for help from his friend Bennett, who happens to be married to MJ's friend Sophie. It will be an uphill battle, however; MJ's got baggage, and she's determined to push Sebastian away, no matter how attractive she secretly finds him or how fond she is of Maddie. Can a little help from their friends and Sebastian's matchmaking daughter set them on the right path?

MJ had kept so much of herself hidden and channeled her emotions into her art for so long that it was tough for her to open up to Sebastian, but he was so sweet and patient with her while she worked through her fears. I loved how flirty he was and that he was never afraid to show his interest in her, no matter how many times she tried to shut him down. I also appreciated that he listened to and respected everything she had to say, particularly in regards to football. (As a female football fan who's been the victim of mansplaining more times than I can count, I can say with confidence how refreshing a quality that is in a man!) They really were a wonderful couple and I loved cheering them on to their HEA.

Overall, "One Last Play" was the perfect ending to the Sweet Peach series, and I highly recommend it for all sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to future books featuring MJ's hilarious brothers!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)