Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Review: "The Price of Infamy" by Ember Leigh

The Price of Infamy

The Price of Infamy by Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ember Leigh has done it again! I inhaled "The Price of Infamy" like it was the air I needed to breathe. Mercedes and Trace's story gave me ALL the feels, and I could not put it down once I started reading.

There's something about a ruthless businessman who melts for the child in his care that always gets to me. I adored how devoted Trace was to his niece Willow from the moment he met her. He was willing to do whatever it took to ensure that she got the best care, even if that meant facing a painful part of his past by hiring Mercedes as her nanny. They'd dated six years ago, and Trace was on the verge of proposing before the relationship abruptly ended. Despite their years apart and Mercedes's impending marriage to another man, the chemistry between them was still very much alive. It was only a matter of time before it exploded; the question was how they'd handle it when it did.

As in the previous books of this series, the plot twists kept me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. The unexpected ending was particularly incredible, and I'm very much looking forward to the resolution in the next book. Also, one of the things I most loved about the first book of the series was the close relationship between Trace and his brothers Axel and Damian, so to see the way it deteriorated in the second book was really heartbreaking. They continued to face challenges in this book, but I was very happy with where they ended up. Hopefully their relationship continues to improve because they will need to lean on each other to get through what's coming next!

Overall, "The Price of Infamy" is another 5+ star read from Ember Leigh, and I can't recommend it highly enough for all fans of angsty/emotional contemporary romance. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

CW: Miscarriage

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)