Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Review: "The Price of Passion" by Ember Leigh

The Price of Passion

The Price of Passion by Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished "The Price of Passion" a few days ago and am still struggling to put into words how much I loved this book. I did not want to put it down once I started reading; the plot twists just kept on coming, and I couldn't wait for the next big secret to be revealed.

The chemistry between main characters Jessa Walton and Damian Fairchild was smoking hot, but I loved their emotional connection just as much. Jessa's efforts to care for Damian by making sure he ate and took time away from the office were incredibly sweet. The main problem was that Damian had enough emotional and family baggage to fill an entire luggage cart, which made him push Jessa away when she got too close. They each had more than their fair share of obstacles to overcome over the course of the story, but I was rooting for them the whole way.

One of the things I most loved about the first book of this series was the close relationship between Damian and his brothers Axel and Trace, so to see the way their relationship deteriorated in this book was really heartbreaking. I hope they can find a way back to each other in book #3! (And after the incredible ending of this book, I also hope we won't have to wait too long to find out what happens next...)

If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I would. I highly recommend "The Price of Passion" for all fans of angsty/emotional contemporary romance and can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)