Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Review: "Son of a Peach" by Claire Hastings

Happy Release Day to author Claire Hastings! "Son of a Peach" is part of the multi-author Candy Cane Key series and also ties into the Hickory Hills series, but works well as a standalone.
 
Cary Adler, chief horticulturalist for Hayes Industries, is on his way to deliver a shipment of peaches to a festival called Peach on the Beach on Florida's Candy Cane Key, an island featuring year-round holiday decor. He arrives to find that the festival isn't quite what he expected: The "peach" in question is actually a reference to the cheeky emoji, not the fruit. Cary's ready to take his peaches and go home, but Tizzy Pullman, artisan chocolatier and one of the festival's organizers, needs him to stay. She impulsively tells Cary that the festival's proceeds will support the town's after-school program for at-risk youth, which doesn't actually exist. As they work together to prepare for the festival, the instant attraction between Cary and Tizzy heats up. Secretly, they both want more than just a fling, but what happens when he finds out about her lie?
 
This novella was so much fun! The chemistry and banter between Tizzy and Cary was pitch perfect, and I was honestly sad at the prospect of them having to go their separate ways at the end of the festival. I'm not usually a fan of stories based on insta-love, but this one worked for me because their personalities were so complementary. I hope to see more of them in future books of the Hickory Hills series.

I highly recommend "Son of a Peach" for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and look forward to whatever the author comes up with next. 

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

 
About "Son of a Peach"

Peaches, Beaches, and a whole lot of misunderstanding...this hero has his work cut out for him!

Peaches are my life.
I’m talking about the sweet, fuzzy fruit that represents my home state of Georgia—not the emoji that most people use for a different peach. If you know what I mean...
When there’s the chance to show off my peaches at a Christmas-themed island for the Peach on the Beach festival, it’s a no-brainer.
Then I arrive in Candy Cane Key.
Turns out, they aren’t celebrating my favorite fruit. Nope. This event is about that other type of peach.
To make matters worse, I can’t stop thinking about the event organizer, the local chocolatier—Tizzy. And that’s exactly what she’s worked my insides into.
The strawberry blonde wild child is my exact opposite in every way. Someone I know I should stay away from. Yet, I can’t.
There’s no harm in a little fling, right?

Son of a Peach is an opposites attract, insta-love, fun in the sun novella about an uptight horticulturist and a happy-go-lucky chocolatier with a guaranteed HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)