Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Review: Christmas Shopaholic

Christmas Shopaholic Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I laughed out loud so many times while reading Sophie Kinsella's "Christmas Shopaholic," book #9 in the continuing adventures of Becky Brandon, nee Bloomwood. I have to admit that the previous two books in the series, which were set in Los Angeles, weren't my favorite because they seemed to have lost some of the charm of the earlier books, so I was concerned that the series had run out of gas. However, "Christmas Shopaholic" was easily one of my favorite books of the entire series. It was sweet, funny, and completely heartwarming, and I found it to be a wonderful way to start getting into the Christmas spirit.

I have always loved Becky's imagination, and it is on full display in this story. Ms. Kinsella's vivid descriptions of Becky's imaginings were a lot of fun, and I could see some of the scenes unfolding as if they were on a movie screen. I also loved the fact that the characters still managed to surprise me, even after so many books. A good example is Becky's parents' move to Shoreditch, which they seemed to love. I never would have expected that lifestyle to appeal to them, but apparently it did!

Finally, I adored the book's ending because it left all of the characters in such a good place. As much as I love Becky and her zany band of family and friends, I wouldn't mind if this is where the series ends. It's hard to imagine how Ms. Kinsella could top this book!

*ARC provided by the author via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)