Saturday, October 26, 2019

Review: Love You S'more

Love You S'more Love You S'more by Beth Merlin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored Beth Merlin's "Love You S'more" and thought it was the perfect ending to main character Gigi's story. Gigi has grown up and learned so much about herself since the series began, and it was very satisfying for me to see her end up in such a good place, both personally and professionally.

I really appreciated that things with Gigi's love interests, Gideon and Perry, didn't unfold exactly the way I thought they would. There was no dramatic scene where she had to choose between them; instead, one relationship came to a natural end months before things heated up with the other love interest. I was very happy with her ultimate choice of partner and how their relationship progressed.

Also, while the romance was obviously a central part of the story, Gigi's career journey and relationships with her friends and family were equally important. She needed to figure out a lot of things on her own before committing to a romantic relationship. I was especially happy to see Gigi reconnect with Alicia, her BFF from Camp Chinooka, because Alicia seemed so much more likeable in this book. I found her to be kind of self-centered in the first book, but this time around she wasn't as wrapped up in her own life. She acted like a much better friend to Gigi and actually provided valuable advice on several occasions.

While I am sad that the Campfire series has come to an end, I am looking forward to reading more of Beth Merlin's work in the future.

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)