Saturday, October 5, 2019

Review: Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored Jasmine Guillory's "Royal Holiday." Besides the fact that I have read and enjoyed previous books in this series, I'm a sucker for any story relating to royalty, so I couldn't wait to get this book in my hands. Even though neither of the main characters, Malcolm and Vivian, were actually royal in this case, their proximity to the British royal family while the story took place was more than enough to satisfy me. I enjoyed the characters' interactions with the royal family, and this background gave the book a delightful fairy tale feeling.

I loved that so much of Vivian and Malcolm's courtship was conducted through letters and postcards. It was romantic and old-fashioned, and really felt perfect for their characters. I also loved how realistic their relationship seemed to be. Life isn't perfect, and it's incredibly rare to meet exactly the right person at exactly the right time and place and have things work out perfectly from there. Malcolm and Vivian had to make a conscious decision to be together and find ways to make their relationship work, which they did because they loved each other and were willing to make sacrifices in order to grow as a couple.

Finally, it was great to check in with Vivian's daughter, Maddie, to see how well she's doing, both in her career and with her boyfriend, Theo. I very much look forward to Ms. Guillory's next book and hope that we will catch glimpses of all of these characters again!

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)