Thursday, October 17, 2019

Review: S'more to Lose

S'more to Lose S'more to Lose by Beth Merlin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I liked Beth Merlin's "S'more to Lose" even better than the first book in the Campfire series. Main character Gigi seemed so much more confident in herself and her abilities this time around, despite the brief crisis and case of designer's block that sent her back to visit Camp Chinooka one more time in the middle of the book. Rather than running away from her problems, she seemed to be running towards inspiration, which showed just how far her character has come since the beginning of book #1.

As for Gigi's romantic prospects, I have to admit that I wasn't super excited about Gideon, Viscount Satterley, as her prospective love interest. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but overall, Perry, her love interest from the first book, seemed like a better match for her. Perry challenged Gigi and seemed to bring her out of herself, which in turn helped her to find her inspiration. I can't help but hope Gigi and Perry will find a way to reconcile in book #3.

Overall, I loved this book. It stands very well on its own for those who have not yet read the first book in the Campfire series, though I recommend that book too. I can't wait to see what happens in book #3!

*Review copy provided by the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)