Saturday, April 24, 2021

Review: "Devil" by K.D. Elizabeth

DevilDevil by K.D. Elizabeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

K.D. Elizabeth's "Devil" was a fun workplace romance featuring likeable characters and a fast-paced, engaging plot. It picks up where the events of the previous book in the series left off, but still works as a standalone. That said, IMO it would be better to read the stories in order for context on some of the events that take place in this one.

Peach farmer Axel King was known as the Red Devil of Ovid, Georgia because of his red hair and fiery temper, but was actually a good guy beneath his grumpy outer shell. He had a tendency to lose his temper and sometimes acted before he thought, but he never flew off the handle for no reason. He genuinely cared about his family's farm, his five younger brothers, and his employees, even though they sometimes drive him crazy. That was especially true of accountant Andrea Medford, one of the few people who wasn't afraid to call Axel out on his behavior. I loved Axel and Andrea's banter and intense chemistry, as well as the fact that Andrea was so compassionate regarding Axel's learning disability and struggles with numbers.

Overall, I enjoyed "Devil" and would recommend it for fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to the next book featuring Axel's younger brother Griffin.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)