Saturday, April 24, 2021

Review: "Monster" by K.D. Elizabeth

Monster Monster by K.D. Elizabeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

K.D. Elizabeth's "Monster" was a fun enemies-to-lovers romance between Rory Larson and Jackson King, childhood friends who grew up on neighboring peach farms. Their relationship briefly turned romantic in college, but for reasons unknown to Jackson, Rory abruptly ended things and they became enemies instead. Ten years later, when Rory was forced to put her family's peach farm up for sale, real estate agent Jackson decided to take advantage of the opportunity to try and figure out what went wrong between them. He had never stopped caring for Rory and was fiercely determined to convince her to give him another chance, but Rory wouldn't give into him without a fight.

I could tell Rory and Jackson's story was going to be a wild ride from the very first chapter. Their chemistry was explosive, and I loved the way they bantered with each other. A lot of their problems were caused by a failure to communicate, and while I'm generally not a fan of this type of "big misunderstanding" plot, there was a twist to this one that made their reasons for not talking to each other completely understandable. I was also impressed by just how much plot was packed into what was a relatively short story. Even though it was a novella, the story felt complete and was tremendously satisfying to read.

Overall, I really enjoyed "Monster" and recommend it for fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I'm really looking forward to the next novella in this series, which will feature Jackson's brother Griffin. Their teasing dynamic was a lot of fun and I hope to see more of it over the course of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)