Friday, April 30, 2021

Review: "Screw Flirting" by Lola West

Screw Flirting: A Small Town Brother's Best Friend Romance

Screw Flirting: A Small Town Brother's Best Friend Romance by Lola West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Adventurous tomboy Brooke "Bug" Stewart was used to being just "one of the guys," overlooked by nearly everyone, including her brother's best friend, Jackson "Jack" Winters. She secretly had a crush on Jack for years, but never realized that Jack returned her feelings. He chose not to act on them because he considered his best friend's little sister to be off limits. They finally hooked up one summer night shortly before the beginning of their senior year of high school, but a misunderstanding the morning after prevented their relationship from blossoming into the romance they both wanted. A year later, a boating mishap on the way to a graduation party thrown in their honor by Bug's brother Ryan forced Jack and Bug to spend the night alone together. Would Jack be able to figure out what made Bug give him the silent treatment for an entire year and convince her to give him another chance?

I really enjoyed this fast-paced, sweet yet steamy story. Jack and Bug were super cute together, and while I understood their concerns about upsetting Ryan with their relationship, it was very easy for me to root for them to figure things out. Ryan was an interesting secondary character, and his unexpected role in Jack and Bug's reconciliation made me think that there was a lot more to him than his party boy image would suggest. I wouldn't mind getting to know him better in a future story.

I recommend "Screw Flirting" and look forward to whatever Lola West writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)