Friday, April 2, 2021

Review: "Lush" by K.D. Elizabeth

Lush (The King Cousins, #1) Lush (The King Cousins, #1) by K.D. Elizabeth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Lush" by K.D. Elizabeth was a funny, sweet, and heartwarming story featuring endearing, three-dimensional characters and a fast-paced, engaging plot. Unlike the previous books of the series, it is a full-length novel, rather than a novella, and is narrated in alternating POV. Its timeline overlaps with certain events from the earlier stories, but I love how seamlessly the author has managed to integrate them. Readers who are already familiar with the series will gain an entirely new understanding and perspective on past events, but the book still works as a standalone for new readers.

Bar owner Nathan "Nate" King was the playful, mischievous fourth brother of the King family, constantly teasing his siblings and meddling in their lives. Beneath the fun-loving exterior, he was more serious than anyone seemed to realize, working to grow his business and obtain national distribution for his bourbon brand, Old Abe's. These efforts put him in contact with Jude Shaw, an executive with a beverage distribution company interested in partnering with Old Abe's. Jude was very reserved when she first met Nate, but I loved the way his playfulness seemed to rub off on her and she slowly opened up to him. She was all hard angles at first, but Nate softened her edges, and the two of them were very cute together by the end of the book.

Overall, I loved "Lush" and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy readers. It was definitely my favorite book of the series so far! I'm very much looking forward to Nate's twin brother Noah's story next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)