Saturday, April 24, 2021

Review: "Rascal" by K.D. Elizabeth

Rascal Rascal by K.D. Elizabeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Rascal" by K.D. Elizabeth was a funny, sweet friends-to-lovers romance featuring endearing characters and a fast-paced, engaging plot. The story's timeline somewhat overlaps with the events of the first two novellas, but it still works as a standalone.

Dr. Griffin King had wanted to take his friendship with Cassie Taylor to the next level for a long time, but she rejected his advances because she was afraid to lose him as a friend. Tired of being known as the "good boy" of the King brothers and waiting for Cassie to finally see him as more than a friend, he set out to seduce Cassie while helping her try to impress the local banker with her baking skills. Cassie had been trying for years to obtain a business loan to finance her dream of running her own bakery, and this was her last chance. Their relationship nearly fell apart when Griffin found out exactly how Cassie managed to get this last shot, but an unexpected tragedy brought them back together just when all hope seemed lost.

Cassie and Griffin's story was my favorite one of the series so far. Griffin was absolutely adorable and his inner monologue was hilarious. He was so in love with Cassie and just wanted her to give him a chance. I loved how supportive he was of her dream to open the bakery even though it meant that she would have to quit working as the receptionist for his medical practice.

Overall, I really enjoyed "Rascal" and recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait for the next King brother to get his shot at love!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)