Monday, December 13, 2021

Review: "Stuck at Christmas" by Georgia Coffman

Stuck at Christmas

Stuck at Christmas by Georgia Coffman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been looking forward to learning more about Dr. Graham Rollins ever since I read his sister Tessa and best friend Carter's story ("Stuck with the Billionaire") earlier this year, so I was very excited to learn that he would be the protagonist of Georgia Coffman's entry in the 12 Days of Kissmas series, "Stuck at Christmas." Tessa and Carter make cameo appearances in Graham's story, but it reads as a complete standalone.

While attending a charity function organized by his best friend Carter, Dr. Graham Rollins had a quick but steamy interlude in a supply closet with a beautiful mystery woman, who disappeared into the night like Cinderella before he even had a chance to ask her name. Even though he couldn't stop thinking about her, he didn't think he'd ever see her again. A few weeks later, Graham is surprised when divorced single mother Isabel Michaels walks into his clinic with her young daughter Sasha in tow. Sasha is in need of a doctor after injuring her wrist while rehearsing for the school Christmas pageant, and with their usual doctor out of town for the holidays, they're referred to Dr. Rollins. Graham recognizes Isabel immediately from their time together at the charity event, and now that he's found her, he won't let her go without a fight.

I'm really not a fan of the insta-love trope, which was very much in evidence here, but Isabel and Graham certainly had a ton of chemistry and I liked them as a couple. I had to laugh at the number of times they ended up in closets together, even getting stuck in the one in his office. In addition, Graham's relationship with Isabel's daughter Sasha was super cute; she consistently got his name wrong, but after a while, I'm pretty sure she was calling him "Grant" and "Dr. Santa" more as a joke than anything else.

I recommend "Stuck at Christmas" for all fans of contemporary/holiday romance and romantic comedy and look forward to whatever Georgia Coffman writes next. 

*Review copy provided by the author/publisher via Give Me Books Promotions. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)