Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Review: "Teased by Fire" by Molly O'Hare

Teased by Fire Teased by Fire by Molly O'Hare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Olive Quinn's best friend, Miranda Parker, just announced that she's moving across the country for a new job, and her brother, Olive's mortal enemy Hank, will be taking her place as Olive's roommate. Olive is furious at the news, but Miranda assures her that firefighter Hank will hardly ever be home since he works so much. Meanwhile, Hank is thrilled because he's secretly had a crush on Olive for years, and he's looking forward to the chance to bring his brand of fun into her life. His initial ideas involving juvenile pranks don't go over well, but when he accidentally discovers Olive's secret career as a romance author, he decides to try something new. Maybe if Hank offers to help her with some hands-on "research" for her books, Olive will finally realize that she has feelings for him too...

Hank and Olive were tremendously entertaining together and their battle of wills had me laughing from the very first page. Even though he was a tease, Hank was super sweet, caring, and protective of Olive, and I loved the little things he did to take care of her, such as making sure she had something to eat during one of her marathon writing sessions. As for Olive, I adored her fiery personality and quirky obsession with UFOs and other unexplained phenomena. Her awful parents and ex-boyfriend did quite a number on her self-esteem, and I spent a good part of the book wishing I could put fire ants in their beds for making her feel like she wasn't good enough. Thanks to Hank and the rest of her found family, Olive ended up in a much better place by the end of the story.

Overall, I loved "Teased by Fire" and highly recommend it for all romantic comedy fans. I look forward to whatever Molly O'Hare writes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)