Friday, December 31, 2021

Review: "Wrapped Up in You" by Talia Hibbert

Wrapped Up in You Wrapped Up in You by Talia Hibbert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Wrapped Up in You" by Talia Hibbert is a Kobo exclusive ebook. I haven't used Kobo in years (and even then only once or twice), but I downloaded their (honestly kinda glitchy) Android app just so that I could read this story. It was totally worth the hassle! (Though I do have a new appreciation for all things Kindle.)

Abbie Farrell has secretly been in love with her longtime best friend, famous actor Will Reid, ever since they were kids, but never believed that he could return her feelings. She's tried to move on and even married another man, but that toxic marriage ended in divorce and she's spent the last two years focused on healing. Unbeknownst to Abbie, Will has been in love with her for years too, and he's come up with a plan to finally do something about it this Christmas. They'll be spending the holiday with their families at Abbie's grandmother's ramshackle home in Scotland, but first, they need to ride out the blizzard that's headed their way.

This story was so sweet! Abbie and Will were such endearing, relatable protagonists, especially Abbie because of her struggles with anxiety. Abbie's fears made it difficult to accept that Will's feelings for her were real and that she wouldn't somehow overwhelm and push him away if she let him see the depth of her own feelings. I loved how patient Will was with Abbie as she worked through those fears. All he wanted to do was love her and be there to hold her hand in good times and bad. I also loved Will and Abbie's banter, especially the text messages and DMs at the start of each chapter.

I recommend "Wrapped Up in You" for all contemporary romance fans. I'd love to read a future story about Abbie's twin brother Jason (or any of her brothers, really), especially if it featured a cameo by their sweetly eccentric, cat-loving grandmother Ms. Tricia!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)