Thursday, September 22, 2022

Review: "The Fiction Between Us" by Julie Olivia

The Fiction Between Us The Fiction Between Us by Julie Olivia
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a teenager, Quinn Sauer had a huge crush on her best friend's twin brother, Landon Arden. Unfortunately, her crush didn't remain a secret for long; her diary fell into the wrong hands, and Landon's friends teased her about it mercilessly for the rest of high school. Ten years later, she loves her part-time job as Queen Bee at Honeywood Fun Park, at least until her old crush Landon moves back to town and takes a job as the park's head of security. When he falls onto the stage during one of her appearances and is mistaken for Ranger Randy, a character who hasn't been seen in years, guests are thrilled, and the local newspaper even publishes a picture of them together looking like they're in love. The media attention prompts Honeywood management to bring the character back permanently in an effort to boost attendance. It's both a blessing and a curse for Quinn; writing a new show starring Queen Bee and Ranger Randy will give her the opportunity to showcase her skills and prove that she deserves a full-time job in park management even though she doesn't have a college degree, but it also means spending more time with Landon, pretending to be a couple. Could their fake feelings for each other turn out to be the real thing?

I loved the first book of this series, but I think this one was even better! Quinn was such a likeable, complex character; she was so sarcastic and funny, but she often used her humor to hide a world of hurt from those around her. The banter between her and Landon was fantastic, as was the slow burn as their relationship developed. It took time for them to get to know and trust each other again, which was totally understandable given their history. The pacing was perfect, however, and the payoff when they finally got together was absolute fire.

The book's secondary characters were also a tremendous amount of fun, and I'm excited to read future stories about several of Landon and Quinn's friends. I also loved getting to know the hilarious Honey Pleasure, who wrote the book on which Honeywood Fun Park was based. I hope we'll see more of her in future books, too!

Overall, "The Fiction Between Us" put such a huge smile on my face and I can't recommend it highly enough. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)