Sunday, March 19, 2023

Review: "Haley and the Yeti" by Laura Langa

Haley and the Yeti: A Grumpy Sunshine, Friends to Lovers, Next-door Neighbor Sweet Romance

Haley and the Yeti: A Grumpy Sunshine, Friends to Lovers, Next-door Neighbor Sweet Romance by Laura Langa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After all this time, you'd think I'd know better than to judge a book by its cover, but I guess I haven't learned my lesson yet. I picked up "Haley and the Yeti" expecting a fun, fluffy neighbors-to-lovers romance, which I fully expected to enjoy; what I found instead was a richly layered story that gave me all the feels, and I adored it.

After breaking up with her boyfriend of two years, phlebotomist Haley decides that it's time for a reset, so she accepts a temporary job in Tucson. Her new apartment shares a balcony with the unit next door, which is inhabited by a taciturn giant she nicknames Yeti because of his long, wild hair and beard. They're unlikely friends, but Yeti can't help being charmed by Haley no matter how much he tries to resist.

I loved their witty banter; Yeti had a subtle, dry humor that I really enjoyed, and Haley's (often unintentional) oversharing was both funny and relatable. Beneath the surface, however, both were dealing with more than their fair share of emotional trauma. As their relationship grew and they worked through some of that baggage together, I appreciated that they accepted and loved each other for who they were, not who they thought the other should be.

Overall, "Haley and the Yeti" was one of my favorite books so far this year, and I highly recommend it for all contemporary/sweet romance fans. I will definitely be watching for whatever this author writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)