Saturday, March 18, 2023

Review: "The Rebel Heir" by Whitley Cox and Ember Leigh

The Rebel Heir

The Rebel Heir by Whitley Cox and Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After a bad breakup, Lily Summers left Portland for the small town of Summer Hills, founded by her family generations earlier, in the hopes of getting to know her estranged grandfather. Unfortunately, he wasn't very receptive to her overtures, so she started spending most of her time in the neighboring town of Winter Harbor, helping Callum Winters fight development by Dunlop Holdings. Dunlop has already left its mark on Summer Hills and Lily can't stand the thought of another town being destroyed by the company's quest for profits. When someone suggests that she run for mayor of Winter Harbor as a way to oust the incumbent, who's colluding with Dunlop, Callum and his family invite Lily to move in with them to establish residency. Callum's youngest brother Colton is the only one who opposes the plan; for some reason he and Lily have rubbed each other the wrong way ever since they met in a Gardening 101 class at the local community center. His brothers quickly grow tired of their bickering and force Colton into accompanying Lily to pick up her belongings from the storage unit she shared with her ex, who shows up to give her a hard time. Colton impulsively pretends to be her new boyfriend, and suddenly, they can't seem to keep their hands off each other. It's not long before their fake relationship starts to feel very real, but will the revelation of secrets from the past drive them apart?

I've loved this entire trilogy, but I think "The Rebel Heir" was my favorite book of the three. I couldn't wait to find out what was behind the "hobbit door" Colton and his brothers found earlier in the series, as well as how the Winters and Summers families were connected. Both of those mysteries kept me guessing until the very end. I also loved the steamy chemistry and witty banter between Colton and Lily. Once they got past their initial animosity, they made a fantastic couple, and I was rooting for them from the very beginning.

Overall, I adored this book and highly recommend it for fans of emotional contemporary romance. It was the perfect ending to a fantastic series, and I can't wait to see what Cox and Leigh come up with next.

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)