Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Review: "Cruiseshipped" by Savannah Scott

Cruiseshipped Cruiseshipped by Savannah Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bordeaux, Ohio's favorite seniors, Memaw and Bill, are getting married and have invited most of the town to join them on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate. While firefighter Brooks isn't thrilled about the idea of being the lone single person in a group of married couples, he could really use a vacation, so he lets his friend Duke persuade him to come along. Meanwhile, Boston event planner Gabriela's best friend Em, who moved to Bordeaux a few years ago when she married Aiden, has convinced her to join them as well for some much-needed girl time. Gabriela and Brooks hit it off when they met at Aiden and Em's wedding, and the time they spent together meant a lot to both of them even though they knew it couldn't go anywhere. They're both surprised but pleased to see each other again as they board the cruise ship. Even though nothing in their lives has changed that would allow them to pursue a serious relationship, they decide to make the most of their unexpected time together with a vacation fling. But when the week ends, will they really be able to say goodbye?

I've been hoping for more of Gabriela and Brooks ever since they met in "Townshipped," so to say I was excited to read this book is probably something of an understatement. Their chemistry was phenomenal, which I expected, but what I didn't expect was to be in my feels quite so much. Even knowing that it's a romance novel and the HEA was guaranteed, I was dreading the end of their trip just as much as they were. I couldn't figure out how they'd find a way to mesh their lives, which were pulling them in such different directions. It really speaks to the author's incredible talent that she could create such a level of emotion and connection with the characters while still keeping the overall tone of the story light and fun. (And never fear - Brooks and Gabriela ended up in exactly the perfect place for them.)

As much as I've loved all of the books I've read in this series, I think "Cruiseshipped" is my favorite so far. I highly recommend it for all fans of sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy and can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)