Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Review: "All's Fair in Pucks and War" by Elise Faber

All's Fair in Pucks and War: A Rush Hockey Trilogy

All's Fair in Pucks and War by Elise Faber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"All's Fair in Pucks and War" by Elise Faber continues the story of Billie Rose Donovan, mayor of River's Bend, and hockey player Joel Marshall. It is not a standalone, but rather should be read after the first book of the trilogy, "Love, Pucks, and Other Stories."

This book picks up shortly after the last one ended. Billie Rose has just come face to face with a woman claiming to be Joel's wife, though we quickly learn that there's a lot more to the story. Billie Rose's initial reaction is completely understandable, but I loved that once she got over the initial shock, she did the exact opposite of what everyone expected and welcomed Joel's "wife," Willow, with open arms. The best thing about her is the way she takes care of others, though in this case, it had the benefit of throwing her enemy off balance at the same time.

There was an ominous undertone to the whole story, and I never felt like I could relax even when things seemed to be going well for Billie Rose and Joel. The author did a fantastic job of ramping up the suspense all the way to the shocking cliffhanger ending. I can't wait for the next book to find out how all of the pieces of this puzzle fit together, and even more importantly, to see Billie Rose and Joel finally get their HEA.

The final book of this trilogy can't get here soon enough for me! In the meantime, I highly recommend this one for all contemporary/sports romance fans.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)