Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Review: "Playing it Country" by Alexandra Hale

Playing it Country

Playing it Country by Alexandra Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now that all of Case Thayer's brothers are happily paired off, the matchmakers of Clementine Creek have set their sights on him. It seems as if everyone in town has a single niece, granddaughter, or friend who would be just perfect for him. The problem is that Case has zero interest in becoming the Clementine Creek Bachelor; even though he's been considering the prospect of a long-term relationship lately, he'd prefer to find a partner on his own. When he meets Hannah Spence, who's in town temporarily to work at her aunt and uncle's bar, he realizes that they might be able to help each other out. Hannah needs a place to stay, and Case has had an extra bedroom since his twin brother Otto moved out. Hoping to put a stop to all of the blind dates, he offers it to Hannah in exchange for acting as his fake girlfriend. Hannah has never been the type of person to stay in one place for very long, so she figures there's no harm in agreeing. However, something about Clementine Creek makes her think that it wouldn't be so bad to put down some roots. Has she finally found the right place - and person - to call home?

This book made me so happy! Case and Hannah were absolutely perfect together. I loved their flirty banter and Hannah's doomed efforts to resist becoming part of Case's group of family and friends. She reminded me a bit of Sorren (Marlee's brother) in her efforts to maintain distance, though she wasn't a grump like him, just independent. The group text threads had me laughing out loud more than once. I can't wait for more of the group's antics in the next book of the series.

This series keeps getting better with every book, and I can't say enough good things about it. I highly recommend "Playing It Country" for all contemporary/small town romance fans and can't wait to get my hands on whatever Alexandra Hale writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)