Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Review: "Along Came the Girl" by Kacie West

Along Came the Girl

Along Came the Girl by Kacie West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Firefighter Owen McKinley recently moved to the small town of Half Moon Lake to start a new job after drama with his ex-girlfriend created an uncomfortable situation for him at his old firehouse. He's out at the bar with his new co-workers one night when a beautiful girl spills her drink on him, frightened by the spider that just landed on her table. Despite the awkward introduction, Owen and Cece hit it off and end up spending the night together. The next morning, Owen wakes up first and notices that several of the pictures hanging on Cece's wall include a familiar face: his new boss, who made it very clear that his daughter is off limits. He panics and leaves before she wakes up. Six weeks later, Cece is panicking too when she realizes that her night with Owen had unexpected consequences and she has no idea how to get in touch with him. That is, until her dad sends him to get her mischievous cat down from a tree...

I loved this funny, sweet, and perfectly steamy story! Cece and Owen may have fallen fast for each other, but they fell hard, and I really liked them as a couple. Their only major problem was Cece's fear of telling her father about Owen and the baby, though I kind of understood where she was coming from. It had been just her and her dad for most of her life, and I can't blame her for not wanting to risk damaging that relationship by revealing that she was involved with one of his firefighters. Their efforts to hide from her dad had me laughing more than once, however. I don't think Owen will ever look at a shower curtain the same way again!

I highly recommend "Along Came the Girl" for all romantic comedy fans and look forward to whatever the authors come up with next.

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)