Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Review: "Wallflower in Bloom" by Elise Kennedy

Wallflower in Bloom Wallflower in Bloom by Elise Kennedy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When her celebrity crush, British actor Jack Grant, needs a place to stay, flower shop owner Violet Parker opens her home - and her heart.

Jack's in the small town of Fairwick Falls, Pennsylvania to hide from the paparazzi after a scandal that's jeopardized his contract with the network. Looking for a way to reassure them that he'll be on his best behavior until his show goes back into production, Jack impulsively invents a fake girlfriend using Violet's description. He doesn't expect his agent to show up and plan a series of photo ops to sell the story, however. Now he'll have to convince Violet to go along with the plan, which won't be easy considering her fear of being in the public eye. He'll also have to figure out how to honor his promise to his old friend Gray, Violet's sister Rose's boyfriend, who made Jack promise that he wouldn't pursue her. Jack's been attracted to Violet since the moment they met, but his playboy reputation exists for good reason. But Violet's not as sweet and innocent as everyone seems to think she is. Could she actually be the woman Jack's been waiting for all along?

There was a ton of chemistry between Violet and Jack, but it was easy to see how much they genuinely liked each other too. Their relationship was a relatively slow burn until about 50%, but it got very steamy very quickly after that. (You may need a fan!) Violet and Jack were both likeable, three-dimensional characters, but I particularly related to Violet, who reminded me of myself in many respects. I have the exact same issues when shopping for clothing, and while I'm not quite as bad as Violet was with public speaking, I do get extremely nervous! It was very easy to root for her, and I loved seeing how much confidence she gained over the course of the story.

Overall, I adored this funny and sweet yet steamy story. I highly recommend "Wallflower in Bloom" for all fans of spicy contemporary romance and romantic comedy and can't wait for the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)