Thursday, August 31, 2023

Review: "Just Don't Fall" by Emma St. Clair

Congratulations to Emma St. Clair on today's release of "Just Don't Fall," book #1 of the multi-author Sweater Weather series. Each book reads as a standalone, but all are set in the same small town and feature a few recurring characters.
 
Professional hockey player Logan Barnes was recently sent back to the minors to learn how to be a team player. He's now stuck in his hometown of Harvest Hollow and forced to play for the Appies, a team better known for viral videos than hockey. His contract obligates him to take part in the videos, but Logan fears that they'll ruin his professional reputation along with his chances of returning to the NHL. 
 
Parker Douglas, the Appies' social media manager, is the mastermind behind the team's viral video success and an old acquaintance of Logan's. He was best friends with her older brother (and her secret crush) until he ghosted them after being drafted at 18. Parker has problems of her own; the charity gala celebrating her wealthy father's birthday is coming up, and he wants to arrange a date for her with the odious son of one of his business associates. She makes up a fake date to try and get out of the setup, and when pressured for a name, blurts out the first one that comes to mind: Logan Barnes. Now she'll just have to convince him to go along with her plan...and try not to fall in love with him all over again in the process.

The slow burn in this story was absolutely delicious and featured some of the hottest almost kisses I've ever read. The sparks between Logan and Parker practically flew off the page, and I couldn't wait for them to finally give into what they were feeling. I also loved their witty banter and adorable superhero nicknames for each other. They made a fantastic couple and their HEA was well deserved.
 
I highly recommend "Just Don't Fall" for all sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. The Sweater Weather series is off to a tremendous start and I can't wait to find out what's coming next!
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

 
About "Just Don't Fall"

Before Logan Barnes was hockey’s hottest bad boy, he was my brother’s best friend … and my first crush. Oh, yeah--and the guy who ghosted me and broke my teenage heart.

Now Logan is back in Harvest Hollow, but not willingly. Recovering from an injury (and some bad press), he’s stuck playing for our minor league team.

Which means I’ll be working with him almost daily.

As the hockey team's social media manager, it’s my job to wrangle all the guys into filming TikTok trending videos. But Logan doesn’t want to be wrangled.

Turns out … neither does my heart.

Because my old crush never died.

And when Logan becomes my accidental fake boyfriend, those old feelings flare hot enough to melt the ice.

But this is all totally one-sided. Isn’t it? Totally fake.

No matter what signals he seems to be giving me or how real things start to feel, I know Logan’s not home for good.

I survived Logan leaving me once. But this time, I’m not so sure my heart will recover …

Just Don't Fall is a small town, closed door hockey romcom with all the fake dating, brother's best friend vibes. You'll get smoking chemistry and characters to root for but no spice. (Yes, you read that right--a low spice hockey romance.) Perfect for fans of sports romance who want a bit less heat. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)